On March 10, 2015, the New Jersey Supreme Court issued a ruling which removed the approval of municipal planning for the provision of affordable housing within the municipality from the Council on Affordable Housing to the judiciary.
Municipalities which desired to continue participate, as the Township of Chatham has, in the affordable housing process had until July 8, 2015 to file with the judiciary.
Keep abreast of the latest public hearings and discussions on affordable housing taking place at the Chatham Township Committee and Planning Board by viewing their agendas here.
View recent news articles on this subject below:
TAP Into Chatham
TAP Into Chatham
TAP Into Chatham
The following are the Township of Chatham's Legal Notice and filing:
- Order on Fairness and Preliminary Compliance Hearing
- Master’s Report for a Mount Laurel Fairness and Compliance Hearing
- Township of Chatham Amendment to Affordable Housing Settlement Agreement
- Settlement Agreement 12/13/18
- Legal Notice for Declaratory Judgment
- Complaint for Declaratory Judgment
- Notice of Motion for Temporary Immunity;
- Order Granting Temporary Immunity;
- Brief in Support of Motion,
- Certification in Support of Motion
- Response of the Fair Share Housing Center to the Township of Chatham Motion for
- Order Granting Temporary Immunity for Mt. Laurel Lawsuits and Scheduling Order
- Letter Brief in Further Support of Motion to Extend Time
- Letter from Judge Hansbury with Chatham Summary by Bansich
- Letter from Judge Miller with Preliminary Decision
- Letter to Judge Hansbury with Judge Miller's Preliminary Decision
- Township of Chatham Order Granting Extension of Temporary Immunity and Time within which to Submit an Expert Report
- Resolution authorizing Settlement Agreement with the Vernon Grove Condominium Association, Inc.
- Settlement Agreement
- Notice of Motion of the Township of Chatham for Approval of Development Fee Ordinance and Related Spending Plan, Extension of Time for Compliance and Temporary Immunity, and Adjustment of Construction Start Date (Returnable: February 14, 2020 at 1:30 P.M.);
- Certification of Gregory J. LaConte
- Certification of Albert E. Cruz, Esq.
- Certification of Robert S. Hoffmann
- Certification of Francis J. Banisch, III, P.P.
- Proposed form of Order
- Certification of Bassam F. Gergi, Esq.,
- Docket No. MRS-L-1659-15
- January 24, 2020 Brief (MRS-L-1659-15)
- January 24, 2020 Cross Motion (MRS-L-1659-15
- Proof of Service
- Proposed Order MRS-L-1659-15
- Township of Chatham's opposition to the Fair Share Housing Center, Inc. Cross-Motion to Terminate Immunity along with supporting documents:
1. Cover letter to Clerk;
2. Supplemental Certification of Gregory J. LaConte;
3. Supplemental Certification of Albert E. Cruz, Esq.;
4. Supplemental Certification of Robert S. Hoffmann, and
- Chatham ECourts filed reply brief
- Motion to intervene by Betsie Haar
- Judge Schedules Affordable Housing Mediation Session
- Motion to intervene by Felice
- Reply brief of Sterling-Sun at Chatham, LLC and Southern Boulevard Urban Renewal, LLC
- Certification of Jeffrey A. Garfinkel
- Certification of Robert A. Kasuba, ESQ
- FSHC's February 20 2020 Brief in Opposition to Betsie Haar Motion to Intervene
- FSHC'S February 20 2020 Opposition to the Felices' Motion to ConsolidateIntervene
- Ecourts Filed Chatham Letter Brief Exhibits Cover Letter
- 20 02 24 Reply Brief
- Cerification of William A. Slover, ESQ.
- Township of Chatham Affordable Housing Declaratory Judgment Action and Report of the Special Master Brian Slaugh Filed February 27, 2020
- Settlement agreement and resolution 2020-05
- Chatham Township's Affordable Housing process presentation
- 2020 Housing Element and Fair Share draft
The above will be supplemented as developments warrant.